I told you I would give you guys an update on my Fitness journey every two weeks, so here I am! Today I’ll talk to you about what I ate the past week and what I did in the gym in general. I’ll also give you guys my muffintop workout. I still feel it on my sides while I’m writing this haha. I won’t be writing a lot about the first week because I had a lot of difficulties at the beginning. Thomas didn’t have any time to go to the gym and I didn’t want to go alone, but I was also very lazy. I also wanted to eat salty and fatty things constantly. Not good. The second week I decided to just go for it, and I did!
This week I went to the gym on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Week 1 (Tuesday) Here I did a lot of cardio and some of the weight machines for my legs and butt. My entire routine is described below.
Monday: Today was a big cardio day. 20 minutes on the space walker ( this is what I call the machine because I don’t know what the real name is haha). If you want some more information on this machine go check out one of my previous blogposts. I killed myself on this one for about 25 minutes. I also tend to do little walks/stairs on the machine. When I do this I don’t move with my arms and push the machine downwards. As if you’d walk up the stairs. This really activates your glutes. After this I decided to attack my legs. I used every single leg machine in the gym and put it on weight +- 30 kg. 15 times and 10 tiny pulses each time. Then I wait for about 20 seconds. I did this 4 times in total on every machine. My favorite machine is the leg press! I also have a lot of leg exercises you can do at home and I’ll make a separate blogpost about this! After the muscles I did a cool down on the treadmill. I walked uphill (slope: 8) and with a speed of 5,5 for about 10 minutes.
Tuesday: Today it’s time to sculpt my butt. I have a very nice butt routine that I combine with the two machines they have for your butt in the gym. But first it’s time for a cardio session on my favorite machine: Space Walker. I did this for about 20 minutes. After that I started with my butt routine. I have an entire list of exercises that I go through and I do each one for about 30 seconds with a 20 second pause. I do it in a HIIT kind of way so that I activate my metabolism whilst training my muscles. I will describe this routine in my next blogpost since I will be describing my muffintop routine in this one! After that I do my ab routine. This routine I do like my butt routine, 30 seconds on 20 seconds off. I’ll be explaining my ab routine on my vlog very soon!
Thursday: Time to shred those muffintops. First some cardio, as per usual, but after that it’s time to handle those love handles and muffintops. I also like to do this one 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off. I’m planning on leveling everything up to 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off though. These are the exercises I like tried this week and I have the feeling that they really worked.
- Star abs: 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off. As many as possible
- candle stick dippers: Really love this one! On each side 30 seconds on, 20 seconds off (or 40/20 is you want to go more advanced)
- knee to elbow crunches
- Russian twists with 2 kg weight (if you are a beginner I would start with 0,5 kg or 1)
- heel touches
- toe touches: But I like to do it a little different => in stead of touching both toes at the same time, touch left than right than back to left. That way you activate your sides more!
- Dumbbell side bend (30 seconds on, 20 seconds off on each side)
- side lying rotation
- side to side rotation
After this I did a 10 minute cool down as I described before. I ended with my ab routine!
I also try to take the stairs as much as I can instead of the elevator!
I’m planning on doing a blogilates routine sunday. I love doing PIIT videos. If you want more information on the videos I like to do go check out this video!
Food is the most important thing when you want to loose weight! 80% of your healthy lifestyle must consist of healthy foods. These are a few things I changed in my diet the past weeks. If you want some specific recipes go check out my youtube channel and my week vlogs. In these I show you what I eat in a day!
- I stopped drinking soft drinks, that includes Cola Zero! I really don’t like the way my belly feels when I drink too much fizzy drinks and I get a very bloated feeling every time. I started drinking water everyday and I noticed my belly being less bloat-y and it made me drink even more water, which is very good for your diet!
- I implemented more proteins in my diet! I started to eat a lot of chicken and other ingredients with a lot of proteins in them. You can always look this up on google and find a lot of different kind of foods with a lot of proteins. These are good to build muscle and very healthy. In general that means that I eat HIGH PROTEIN, LOW CARBS! But not NO CARBS because your body needs energy that comes from carbs and it’s just not healthy to never eat carbs!
- I bought some Whey Protein and I’m going to start drinking a protein shake from time to time to get very lean and to not loose my muscles to fast!
- I started to eat ONLY whole grain versions of food. No plain pasta but whole grain pasta or pasta made from lentils! Whole grain cous cous and rice, … Your body needs to work a lot harder to digest these kind of products and that means your body burns more fat whilst doing it. It boosts your metabolism and you get hungry a lot less.
- I started to take my apple vinegar pills again, every morning.
- I decided to do some intermittent fasting in the morning. That means that you don’t eat anything until it’s lunch, for example. That way your body is going to use fat to for example digest your food instead of the energy from your breakfast.
- I try to calorie count my food intake. This way I can track how many proteins and fat my body gets every day. I track this with the app called “Food”. I eat about 1600-1700 calories a day MAX.
- I stopped snacking after 20:00.
- I introduced a cheat day to each week. This day I can eat whatever I want. This tends to boost your metabolism and that means you burn more fat. This week my cheat meal was a big bowl of BOCCA PASTA. SOO GOOD!
- I’m also planning on implementing more vegetables and fruit to my diet!
- A VO CADOOOO and other healthy fats such as nuts!
- I’m planning on eating more greek yoghurt as a snack because I really like it and it’s so good for you!
As I said in a previous post, I try to see this as a new lifestyle instead of a diet. It’s just not healthy to see it as a diet and you won’t be able to continue this lifestyle if you see it as a restriction, not mentally and not physically. In the beginning I had a lot of difficulties. I craved so much fat, burgers, pasta, pizza, chocolate… But I just had to get through it. Sugar is an addiction and you need to not eat any to stop craving it.
These are my very first before-after photos. As you might see my muffintops and love handles had decreased in size and my muscles are a little bit more visible. My belly fat is beginning to decline. My but is a lot more lifted since I’ve began fitness-ing again and I love it! In general I feel a lot healthier. My bowls began working in a healthy way again and I noticed that a lot. I feel very good mentally and I’m starting to get my energy back. I’m excited to see what the next few weeks will bring!
If you have any more questions you can ask me on Instagram @lauralynnsworld or in the comments!