Hi guys! Welcome back to another update blogpost. I decided to give you guys an update every month instead of every two weeks because that way I could tell you guys even more and show you if it worked or not!
These are the things that I changed up in my diet the last few weeks. I have to say, honestly, that I have had my difficulties and cravings from time to time. I sometimes also caved and ordered a very carb filled pasta. And every time I did this I felt good at the time of eating it but afterwards I felt so bloated and sometimes I even had a little stomach ache. I’ve noticed that last week that when I ate something not too healthy I felt a little sick and I slept so bad! So I guess that means that my body is getting used to the healthy food and doesn’t want anything else anymore haha. So, I’m basically doing the same things as I posted in my previous blogpost. These are some other things I’m doing:
- I’m still not drinking any soda. I do sometimes drink cola zero, mostly in weekends, but I try not too!
- I’ve been implementing more fruit and different kind of vegetables such as broccoli. I have noticed that this makes me feel more energized and it tastes very nice with the right kind of seasoning.
- I have been trying to only eat one meal with carbs every day. Yes, that means that I have been eating something else besides bread as a lunch sometimes. (f.e. a salad) I also only eat whole grain foods and spelt everything. This makes me feel less bloated and it helps me to not get hungry to fast. I just try to keep a balance.
- I’ve been eating a lot more apples again. I feel like this really helps me with my cravings and it activates my gut.
- I’ve been drinking 1,8L to 2L of water every day. I read that if you eat a lot of salt you need to compensate with drinking more water (’cause I will NOT be giving up my salt). At first I had to go to the toilet every 5 minutes, but now my body is used to it and it kind of craves water?
- I told you guys before that I’ve been doing intermittent fasting. ( not eating between 20:00 and 12:00). So this is what I’ve been doing for “breakfast”. I sometimes also switch it up with a normal healthy breakie.
- I’ve also not been depriving myself. If I want a donut real bad, I’ll just have one. But I decide that that’s going to be the only donut for that week. I want my body to be happy, so if it wants a donut I’ll give it one. But I just try to limit it and find a balance.
- CHICKEN is my best friend at the moment. I really need my proteins to gain muscle and it’s just soooo good! You have different kind of chicken (Italian, thai, …) in Albert Heijn and they are really delicious!
- I’ve declined my pasta intake. This is the hardest thing ever because I’m a pasta addict but I do notice that I’m less bloated. When I do eat pasta it’s a whole grain version and a not too of a big portion.
- I’ve been baking everything in olive oil and adding apple cider vinegar to everything that tastes nice with it.
- Greek yoghurt is my go to when I have a craving. It’s so healthy and it also helps to recover your muscles!
- I’ve also been NOT drinking too much alcohol. The only thing I sometimes drink is one glass of red wine which isn’t too bad for your body actually.
- DARK CHOCOLATE is my savior. I eat one little piece after my dinner to calm down the cravings and it’s just so delicious (and good for your brains as well!)
- I’ve also been eating a lot more healthy cheese such as feta and mozzarella. They have a lot of proteins in them and they fill you up very quickly!
I’ve changed up my routing quite a bit.
- I’ve been doing 30-35 minute cardio sessions instead of 20 minutes every time I go to the gym
- I’ve been trying to go 3 times a week + a blogilates workout at home
- I’ve been implementing HIIT sprints. That means that I take a very fast sprints (as fast as possible) for about 30 meters, than I walk back for 30 meters. I do this 10-15 times. This tends to attack your belly fat very hard!! Not only have I been doing HIIT sprints, but I have also been doing it on my machine in the gym. I go very hard for about 1-2 minutes (around 120 steps per minute, heart rate around 180, resistance around 7,8), then I go really slow for about 2-3 minutes (85-90 steps per minute, resistance around 4-5, heart beat around 155-160). Mostly when I notice that my heart rate has calmed down and that I don’t have any problems working on the machine, I start going hard again. I do this for about 30 minutes! (it burns 330-340 calories)
- When I do blogilates I mostly do 3 videos and then 2 Ab videos (f.e. ultimate fat burn workout)
- After my cardio routine, I do one of three muscle groups
- My butt routine
- 40 seconds on, 15 off: kickbacks (one set on each leg)
- 40-15: fire hydrants (one set on each leg)
- 40-15: heel kicks (one set on each leg)
- 40-15: bridges (2 times)
- 40-15: squats
- 40-15: lunges
- 40-15: narrow squat step back
- 40-15: reversed lunges
- 40-15: squat to sidekick left + sidekick right
- My leg routine (I’ll explain this one to you guys in the next update!)
- My muffintops routine (check out my previous update!)
- My butt routine
After all of this I do my AB routine! I try to variate between all of my moves from time to time but these are a few of my favorites: (I’ll be making a video about my ab routine soon!)
1 month difference:
2 month difference:
As you guys can see, I lost some belly fat and my muffintops/saddlebags have melted away a bit more! I have a lot more definition in my belly and muscle in my legs/butt! I feel so much stronger and healthier, and I’m not going to stop!!
If you want some more information on what I eat in a day/what I do in the gym you can always check out my youtube channel: LauraLynnsWorld! Don’t forget to subscribe there and leave a follow om my blog as well.