Hi guys! It’s been a loooong time since I’ve posted. Yet again my apologies. But I have my reasons being studying and exams. Today I’ll be talking about my main tips to survive the exam period. It’s been a highly requested blogpost so here we go!
- Put your phone aside! I know this is a very hard one but it’s the most important one of them all. Even tho you may not want to admit it, I bet that your phone is your biggest distraction during exams. I am 100 percent more productive when my phone is in the other room so that’s my number one biggest tip! You can only use it to watch my Live StudyBreak on Instagram at 16:00 every day. But that’s it guys!
- Make a checklist. This is my number one strategy during exams. I make a very comprehensive checklist with all of the things I still need to do for a certain course. There’s nothing more fun than crossing of something of your to do-list during exams. It gives you more motivation and it gives you the feeling that you’re getting shit done and that you want to keep getting shit done. My checklist is very big, f.e. I make a checklist of how many pages I still need to read. 1-20, 20-40, … Each time I read 20 pages I can check of one of my to do’s! It’s great and it motivates me a lot! It also helps me to get an overview of what I still need to do. It helps me from panicking about what I still need to do and it helps me organize the chaos in my head. It also helps for procrastination! It’s a lot easier to finish a small task then to start with a big task that doesn’t seem to have an ending.
- PLAN PLAN AND PLAN. Make a plan for yourself. If you need to finish those 50 pages that day, you will finish them because you need to finish something else tomorrow. It really motivates you if you have a plan because you’ll really want to stick to it! But don’t be to hard on yourself if you didn’t finish what you had to do that day because you’re still human and some days you’ll just have an off day.
- Drink a lot of water. It not only helps you concentrate more because your brain needs water, it also helps your body be healthy. This way you can feel good about your healthy lifestyle and stay focused and energized during studying.
- Coffee helps every time! But not too much guys!
- Eat healthy! It helps you be more energized and more concentrated and it takes care of your body!
- Get enough sleep. It’s very important to SLEEP during the exam period. It helps you stay focused during the entire month full of exams and it helps your brain remember everything better (scientifically proven fact guys, look it up!).
- One of the things I like to do is work out. It keeps my stresslevels low and it helps me feel more energized and that helps me to study better and longer without being distracted. You don’t need to do a big workout of two hours because you know, AIN’T NOBODY GO TAIM FO THAAT. But just a half an hour workout can help a lot!
- Treat yoself once in a while. Give yourself a treat if you studied well that day. Watch an episode of your favorite series or eat some ice cream. You deserve to enjoy life during exams and you deserve to be rewarded for all of your hard work. This refuels me at the end of the day and helps me to study even better the next day.
- Keep a calendar. Cross of every study day you have and it will keep you motivated. This horrible period WILL END. Just kick ass for a month and you won’t have to study for another 3 months or so! Every day you cross of a day on your calendar, you are one step closer to freedom.
- Tell yourself that you can do it. Hang up some inspirational quotes above your desk and tell yourself that you really want to succeed. If you just work hard this month and give it your everything, you won’t have to study during summer! Wouldn’t that be great!!! Keep in mind that it’s just a few weeks of working your ass of and after that you can lay your fine ass in a beach chair all day. After rain there is sunshine people. Keep a positive mindset and work hard to get a big reward afterwards.
- Take a break from time to time to recharge your brain. It will only help you remember more if you take a break once in a while. Take a quick shower or go for a walk. Don’t check your phone as a break. Let your brain just rest for a little while.
- If an exam didn’t go the way you planned and you don’t think you’ll pass, don’t get to worked up about it. It’s important to stay focused and to try and nail all the other exams coming your way. Don’t get kicked down by one setback but try to learn from your mistakes and kill the rest of your exams. Everyone makes mistakes, don’t be to hard in yourself and move on to the next one.
- Try to have fun studying. Recite your textbook to your cat or make a color book out of it (the textbook, not the cat lol). Studying can be fun. Be positive and the exam period will be over in no time
- WATCH @LAURALYNNSWORLD LIVE STUDY BREAKS EVERY DAY AT 16:00. This is the best tip I can give you lol.
Okay so these were my best tips. i hope you got something out of them and GOOD LUCK during this study period!