Hi guys! I know that I should’ve given you an update a week ago, but because I was sick that week and I couldn’t work out I decided to wait one more week. Today is a special blogpost because for the first time I will share some before-after posts with you.
First of all I want to share with you my biggest before-after post. The first pic is a pic from 2 years ago. I wasn’t healthy AT ALL and I didn’t work out, like ever.
As you can see there is a BIG difference between the both of them. I’m very proud and I feel a lot better and healthier. I’ve been destroying myself in the gym so it’s very nice to see that the hard work pays off.
There has also been a change in my weight over the past 3 weeks. It has dropped from 67,5kg to 66,2 kg. That’s still not a lot but because I train my muscles a lot and because muscles weigh more than fat, this could be expected. I AM very glad with the drop in weight though. It’s finally some proof that I am losing fat. But I still like to work more with before-after pics. Speaking of which. I have 2 more pics. One of them is a pic from December (the day I decided to change myself for the better for good) VS March. The other one the progress I made until mid February VS my body in March.
December VS March
February vs March
As you can see there is a big change in my belly fat, saddlebags and muffintops. My legs are a lot leaner and they have a lot less cellulite aswell. You can’t see this in my pic but it’s happening guys. The cellulite is disappearing!
Now it’s time to talk to you about what I’ve experienced the past weeks and what I’ve changed in my workout and diet.
I’m still doing the same exercises for my abs, legs and butt as I described in my previous blogpost. BUT, I have discovered this new machine called a leg press. It’s very fun to use and my butt burns so much during these leg presses, OMG! I get the feeling that this is very effective. I also started using the other machines available for butt-training in my gym and the results of that are clearly showing.
I’m still walking, walking and walking (uphill) for 40 minutes but I’ve added another machine to my workout plan. A very deadly yet fun and effective one. I call it “the Space Walker”. It’s real name: Elliptical open stride.
With this machine, your legs will be ON FIRE. It’s super fun to do and you lose a lot of calories in a short time! I use this for about 10-15 minutes and I burn 130 cals on average! I love this machine because it does not only burn calories (and it lets you sweat like a pig), it’s also a great leg exercise!
I’m also going to the gym 4 times a week now instead of 3!
There are a few things I’ve discovered and that I’ve been adding to my diet lately:
- If I have a craving for fat or candy, I tend to eat a piece of BLACK chocolate! A little bit of this is very healthy and it destroys your cravings! It also makes me drink more water, which is great!
- I’ve been eating apples when I’m hungry. It gets your intestines working which gives your metabolism a boost which HELPS YOU BURN FAT FASTER! And it’s very delicious and it makes you feel like a healthy butterfly when you’re eating it.
- I’ve also switched a lot of my coffee consumption to GREEN TEA with a spoon of honey. It’s soooo good and it has an enormous amount of benefits. It’s good for your health, for your brain, for your fatloss. It can precent cancer for god sakes. Start drinking it guys, just do it! Since I’ve been drinking it, it seems like I’ve been losing more fat (and kilograms on my scale). I don’t know if this is one of the reasons, but it can’t be just a coincidence right?
- I’ve been eating a lot of healthy fats and I’m also going to start cooking with coconut oil instead of olive oil. Chicken is the main ingredient in most of my meals and I don’t have any problems with that because I’m addicted to chicken. I also eat a lot of Eggplant, the best vegetable in the world. Don’t believe me, try it.
- ISOSTAR PROTEIN BARS with hazelnut flavor. I eat one of these after every workout. Extremely delicious and full of healthy proteins that help your body recover.
- I’m still having one cheat day a week on average. I’ve had four big cheat meals the past three weeks: One pepperoni pizza, One evening of Spanish tapas, Five guys and Poule et Poulette burger. I’ve also eaten cake for my brothers birthday. So I’ve been able to enjoy life and food inbetween workouts with results.
So. To talk in general about my diet and exercise. I’ve been noticing that my cravings are a lot less than before. I honestly don’t mind eating healthier and eating clean. I’m even starting to like healthy food more than fat food. I can’t even believe I’m saying this. I’m also really enjoying the gym. When I’m not able to go due to f.e. school, I’m a little pissed because I like it so much. I’ve also been listening to music a lot during my workout which seems to help me push myself even harder. I’m beginning to love this lifestyle and I feel a lot more energized! I haven’t had any big problems with living this new lifestyle and I’m not going to stop with it any time soon. I’ve also been noticing that the muscle training I do with my legs and butt are making my cellulite less visible, which is something that makes me very happy. I’ve been struggling with this for a long time and it’s finally going away!
I also quickly wanted to say that I’m not dieting to look better in the eye of society. I’m doing all of this for me. When I wasn’t working out and eating clean yet, I got “depressed” very easily. I didn’t want to go anywhere, I didn’t want to get out of bed (I sometimes just didn’t), I had a lot of back pains and I felt like a loser very often. Thanks to these workouts and this diet, I’ve been feeling a lot happier. Not only with myself but just in general. I have a lot more energy and I have a lot less problems with my little “depressions”. So, I’m not doing all of this to look good for my Instagram or something, I’m doing all this for me. I feel stronger, better and happier. That’s the reason for the journey I’m going through, nothing or nobody else. I don’t want to promote the ONLY SKINY IS PRETTY society bullshit. If you have curves and you are happy with yourself, don’t let society push you into workouts you don’t like doing. The most important thing is your happiness. This is just my experience with workout and diet, it isn’t what every girl should be doing. It’s just what works for me and what puts a smile on MY face. If you want to go through this journey with me, FINE. If you don’t, FINE. I’m just sharing my lifestyle, not promoting it. ❤
This was my second update. If you guys have any further questions, you can send me an e-mail : email@example.com or you can contact me on Instagram. Keep going babes, you can do this!