Hi guys! It’s been two weeks since I’ve started working out and eating clean to achieve my goal. I still have 5 weeks to go until my vacation to reach my goal, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop after my vacation. Today I’m going to talk about my progress, my food and my struggles during the past 2 weeks.
To talk about my progress a little first. I haven’t seen any difference on the scale over the past 2 weeks. BUT (!) I do see a very big difference in my body. Once again the confirmation that the scale will never be a friend to you!
There are changes that are clearly visible. My butt is a lot firmer and you can start noticing a thin “ab” line on my stomach! My legs feel stronger and they also look the part. The saddlebags are vanishing and I’m loving it! I’m literally finetuning my body and it’s clearly working. The overall fat is starting to disappear but there is one place on my body where the fat is relentless. My muffintops! The fat around this area just doesn’t want to give up and go. But I’m going to keep destroying it until it disappears into smoke!
Changes in my workout plan
I’ve also started to do 40 minutes of treadmill instead of 30 minutes and I feel like this is very effective. I haven’t tried out any of the other machines yet because I really like walking. I’ve also started to walk at a speed of 6 instead of 5,5. I try to keep my heartbeat between 118 and 138. When I keep my heartbeat in between these two cut-offs I’ll be able to burn the most fat! And this is exactly what I’m trying to accomplish.
I also fine-tuned my butt workout. I use the exercises from the following Blogilates videos.
- Lift your booty workout | 5 moves to your fittest Butt
- 6 min to Sexy Booty
- Butt lifting and Thigh sculpting workout | POP pilates for Beginners
- I really like you squat challenge
- Fat burn total body focus
Foods I’ve been eating.
- I’ve been drinking a lot more water but it’s still not enough! I need to drink even more water. The only thing I drink that’s not water is Cola Zero and coffee.
- When I’m hungry in the evening, I eat some grapes! This really helps me.
- I’ve eaten very clean the past few weeks! I’ve made a lot of chicken recipes and I’ve also tried two new healthy recipes
- A Spelt pita with Tzatziki and Falafel! Very healthy and easy to make. I bought the spelt pita bread in ‘Albert Heijn’ just like the tzatziki and the falafel! I topped it off with some raw vegetables like carrots.
- Spelt penne with chicken and spicy tomato sauce. I also bought all of this in ‘Albert Heijn’. It’s very easy to make and healthy but delicious.
- I’ve tried not to cheat at all last week. The only fat thing I ate was a Spaghetti Bolognese and one Ice Tea.
- I’ve also started eating one NAKD protein bar after every workout with banana flavor. It’s soooo good!
Struggles during the past two weeks
The biggest struggle I’ve been facing the past weeks is the craving. I sometimes have an enormous craving towards f.e. pizza or hamburgers. I get very annoyed when I can’t have it and it’s very hard not to give in to the cravings. This is proof of the fact that I’m a little addicted to fat and sugar! Thanks to my boyfriend, who is like a very strict fitness coach sometimes, I’ve been able to not touch these kind of foods. I’ve found that it works to drink a lot of water when I’m craving! Or just eat a banana of some berries. After half an hour the cravings go away slowly.
Another difficulty I’ve been facing is the workouts in the gym. When I need to do my squats and butt exercises, I find it difficult to just do my thing. I sometimes have the feeling that everybody’s looking at me while I’m doing my thing. And sometimes guys do stare, which is kind of annoying. But I’m ignoring it and I’m noticing it less and less every time.
I’ve also been having some problems with the scale. I know that it’s not the best way of measuring your progress but I have to admit that it’s very frustrating when the number on the scale doesn’t change. I need to realize that the number on the scale isn’t as important as the way you look in the mirror. I’m starting to learn this, but it isn’t that easy.
This is everything I wanted to share with you guys today. You’ll see a new progress blogpost in two weeks WITH before-after photo. If you have any questions or if there are any suggestions, you can ask them in the comments or you can send me an e-mail: email@example.com. Work hard everyone! I hope you guys are working out with me! GO GO GO