Sorry that it’s been a such a long time. But because of my terrifying exams getting closer and closer (SO STRESSED), I need to spent most of my time behind my desk. I don’t really have a life at the moment so I don’t have very thrilling and interesting things to tell you guys. But because I’m such an incredible Christmas Freak, I am going to devote my blog to my favorite christmas movies. You might know this already but I’m a huge movie addict and I love watching the best movies over and over again. The combination of MOVIES and CHRISTMAS is a little bit of heaven for me. So here are my 9 favorite Christmas movies. I strongly recommend you watching them, you will definitely not regret it!
This Christmas movie is definitely my favorite christmas movie of all time! Why, you might ask? Well, let me tell you!
- I love British movies. I just love(!) the British accent and I find that British Christmas movies are the best Christmas movies there are.
- I love Hugh Grant. This guy is one of my favorite British actors. I adore his accent and his acting skills. The role of prime minister in this movie is just made for him.
- I really like the concept of different stories that are mixed up and come together at the end of the movie. I also like ‘New years Eve’ and ‘Valentine’s day’.
- I love the song at the end of the movie! This song is my favorite christmas song. (All I want for christmaaaaaaas, iiiiiiiiis yoouhoooooou!)
- I also love the actor that plays the little drummer boy. I already loved him but when I noticed that he plays in ‘the maze runner’ and in ‘game of thrones’ as well… I loved him even more. Also, his accent is to die for.
- I just love romantic christmas movies and this movie is just one of the best combinations of love, friendship and christmas there is. Many people might agree with me.
- I also love Liam Neeson. But beware : He will always find you … and Kill you (reference to the movie ‘Taken’ for the non-movie addicts reading this blogpost )
It’s just a lot of love for ‘Love Actually’ !!
A Christmas Carol.
A DISNEY movie about CHRISTMAS written by CHARLES DICKENS in which the leading role is played by JIM CARREY. AND you can watch the movie in 3D every CHRISTMAS EVE. I don’t think that I need to explain why I ADORE this movie. I watch this movie every christmas eve, and it never gets old.
This one might not come as a shock. But Yes, I really enjoy this movie. This boy can always make me smile. The way he stopped those christmas criminals is unforgettable.
I’m an enormous Disney fan and I have always cherished the disney princess movies. I might be an adult but I will never stop admiring Disney movies. And when this movie came out, I couldn’t wait to go see it. A SnowQueen. Addictive Songs. A talking Snowman. An adorable reindeer that reminds me of my dog. That’s all I need.
I love this movie because it’s partly filmed in England and partly filmed in L.A. I adore both these locations and I have a little crush on Kate winslet. This is a typical romantic movie with a touch of christmas magic. I love the story line and this movie is really nice to watch with a nice cup of hot chocolate!
ps : I love Kate Winslet.
The nightmare before Christmas.
As a Disney addict, this one can’t be forgotten. Tim Burton movies are beautiful and I really enjoy watching them. Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays and a movie that combines both must be epic right? Well, it is EPIC indeed. The songs are really good and I always sing along when I hear them. I really adore the story line and I will never stop watching this beautiful disney movie. It’s a real classic.
When I was a little girl, i was terrified of this green monster that stole christmas. But when I got older I started to really like this movie. I started to love the characters and the story more and more. And the fact that Jim Carrey (one of my favorite actors) plays the lead in this movie, makes it complete. This is a beautiful story about a green monster/man that wasn’t loved enough and became very bitter. But when a little girl teaches him about love and the christmas spirit he begins to realize he was wrong about the world.
Christmas with the Kranks.
I really watched this movie TOO much. It’s a really funny family movie that will make you laugh every time you watch it.
I just watched this movie last week. And I fell in love with it immediately. It’s a movie about Santa that crashes with his sledge and when he tries to get his reindeer and go back to the northpole, the police puts him in prison because they think he’s a crazy Santa claus wannabe. One little boy and his father make it their mission to save Santa and most of all save Christmas. This movie is British and that’s one of the reasons I treasure it so much. It’s very funny and very relaxing. It reminds you of what Christmas stands for, what love is and mostly reminds you of the fact that even the baddest people in the world were once just little boys and girls asking Santa for bikes and dolls.
I hope you liked my blogpost and that I gave you some great ideas for some Christmas/fireplace/hotchocolate/movie-nights 🙂
See you next time!